ui/ux, web design
April - June 2018
- Create UI/UX designs and design curriculum that would supplement the students’ understanding of front-end programming.
- Bring awareness to design principles to those not familiar with design (i.e. the students).
a1: Wayne thiebaud
Create a website showcasing Wayne Thiebaud exhibit at the Manetti Shrem University Art Museum.
- HTML & CSS
a2: book club
Create a website to search for books that uses a pre-existing database.
- Google Books API
Create a photo searching website that automatically applies tags for each photo.
- Google Cloud Vision API
assignment #1: Wayne thiebaud
process - iterations
ASSIGNMENT #2: BOOK CLUB
final assignment: photoq
WHAT WENT SMOOTHLY?
- Trust: between the professor, TA's, and students in terms of design knowledge
- Community: students helped each other solve problems
WHAT WAS CHALLENGING?
- What do non-designers already know / don't know about design?
- To teach or not to teach? What design concepts are worth teaching to a CS classroom?
- Quick Changes! Needing to adapt to an ever changing curriculum & last minute changes